Monday, August 22, 2011

Daily Log in Bali 08.17.2011 - Independence Day in Ubud


Log Date: 08.17.2011
Got excited about today, I’m going to Ubud to an event on this Independence Day of Indonesia. At first I don’t actually know what there are in store. I meet up with Zenith at Puputan Square, and then went to her friend’s house at Hayam Wuruk Road. We waited for another friend to come, and then off we go to Ubud. We took a different road, not the one that I and my aunt took before.
Arrived at noon, we went to the first event in the middle of rice fields. Event made by Anak Alam. We missed the morning ceremony. Then we took some pictures at the rice field, meet some people, chat about cameras, and move on to another appointment at Puri Ubud. The crowds are gathering around Puri Ubud, a giant “Bade” is made for a “Ngaben” funeral ceremony tomorrow. The deceased was a member of the Ubud Royal family. We meet up with our friends from the pinhole camera community. I took a couple of pictures using a can, and learned how to load and reload photo papers into the can.
We also walked about around the Ubud square, monkey forest, and then look for some other things around the area. I lend my camera to a friend for his photo shoot tomorrow. I hope it’s okay and successful. As the day goes on, we decided to go back in the afternoon. After dropping off two friends, I went to dinner at Kreneng Market. After that, I went to Angkringan Sanglah, meeting up with friends from Lomonesia. They were hilarious… I can’t stop laughing haha… We stayed until half past nine, and then went home.







Got home and ate some spaghetti and chicken wings. And that settles my day. A good day it is. Fun and eventful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment