Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Daily log in Bali 07.28.2011 - Japanese Day


Log Date: 07.28.2011
Today is day 19th of my stay; I went to the office in the morning, had some coffee, finishing up some work and then went out to list some villa, one in Banjar Kuwum-Kerobokan, another in Pantai Berawa-Canggu. Had ketoprak for lunch, had another cup of Joe, and then went to meet a client viewing a place in Petitenget, first bargain talk and really don’t know how to respond because I’m still nervous. Went back to the office, talk to my aunt and got some pointers on dealing with difficult clients.
Mom is already in Philly, I hope both my parents are doing okay. Went home to change clothes, and went out to a convenience store down at Kuta. Went to buy a lipbalm, and had yet another cup of coffee, while browsing and enjoying the wifi facility in the KFC coffee shop, Gelael Kuta. Uploaded some pictures, and then watch football on the big screen there, Indonesia vs. Turkmenistan. Watch the first half, and then decided to go for a walk to find ATM.
Walked all the way to Legian Street, found the ATM, fill up my phone credits, got some extra cash, and went back. The walk manages to build me up some sweat. It’s good since I haven’t had any sports for a while. When going back to the car; which is quite far, I took a picture of some road worker, only to be asked about by them.
Am I a reporter? Please delete the picture, etc. I said my camera can’t be deleted, and one of the worker start talking to me in Japanese, asking if I’m a Japanese, so I decided to play along. Talked in stuttering Japanese, the worker and I tried to communicate. He asked me if I will put the picture in the newspaper and what my job is. I said I’m a tourist, and this is for my own collection, in mix Japanese-English. I got off pretty soon. Ha! Acting as foreigner has it merit sometimes. I went back to my car, watch a little more football, and then went home.
Had a nice hot shower, ate some ‘lontong’ watch TV, had some Aloe Vera drink, and that’s it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment