Thursday, August 18, 2011

Daily Log in Bali 08.12.2011 - Hangover and getting lost


Log Date: 08.12.2011
Yeah, we all got hangovers. Woke up late, got an early phone call. I made breakfast (instant noodles) for both me and my aunt. Got to the office and ate Nasi Pedas. Hangover is still lingering, making me dizzy and swaying. After lunch (it was almost lunch when we arrived at the office), I went to Sanur to get the exact location of a Villa. It was in Penyaringan Area. After that, I went to look for some other place to list. Found one at Sebali.
I went to get coffee at Kopi Bali café, do some rounds, and went back to the office. Everybody already left early, so I finished up and closed the office. The journey back was packed, rush hour filled with traffic. I got home, took a shower, and get ready to go out to my new friend’s gig.
I went thru Teuku Umar Road, had dinner, and start the journey of seeking the place of the gig. It was actually a short movie screening, movies made by young Indonesian amateur film makers. The Event was “Me. Instan.” And the place was in WR Supratman Road no. 193, in a place called Taman 65. I got to WR Supratman Road alright, but I got confused by the direction that my friend was giving. I went round and round the block, turning around from one street to another, from traffic light to another, only to found out later that it was just right there. My friend actually ended up picking me up at the Art Centre, which is not supposed to be my route. Oh well, I got there. Finally…
*Note to self: Do not, I repeat, Do Not ask for direction to a person called Zenith. She might know about stars and kids and music and movie, and had an intoxicating voice, but giving direction is not one of her virtues :p
So, back to the event, the movie already started, 6 titles had been showed, and I got to watch the last 2-3 movie. It was great. I met some new friends, and some of them I already met last Saturday at Art Café. After the screening, there are some Q&A times, followed by a theatrical performance. Last but not least, music performances. My friend’s Band got on second, The Emergency Exit. They played four songs. If my memory didn’t betray me, the titles are Happy Sunday, Street Cats, Rain, and Playboy. The songs were awesome. People are coming up and down to the stage doing some jam session after that. There are a couple of member from No Stress band. Umm, I think I need more information on them.



The closing was a duet, the song was Fix you by Coldplay. The song will definitely stick in my head (if it’s not already). After that, shows over, I said goodbye to everyone, and drove home. Promised to meet up again soon. The drive was far easier going back home. I stopped by the Circle K down at Imam Bonjol Road. Had a drink, and went home. Good Day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment