Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Stop Being Afraid, Keep Moving


I have just read about this post in Thoughtcatalog.com. on things we should stop doing in our 20s.
It's kinda late for that, but well, I can still relate to it.

Tonight, I will try to expand my writing while still focusing on the things I am constantly writing from the beginning of this month. Nothing too big, one step at a time, just to make my mind keep on moving.



Two Thousand Twelve, June, Twenty Fourth, Nusa Lembongan, After Midnight.
It's Sunday, the day only had just turned, cold air biting my skins. It was a wonderful day. Started really early in the Saturday morning; with shorts and jacket, I raced my motorbike to a place in Sanur. I felt that Denpasar is freezing that morning, or is it just me that never woke up that early?

So back to the night, and thinking about the day that has just passed, quite a journey we've been through. A boat trip from Sanur To Nusa Penida, a round trip around the island visiting two temples, new experience on the religious and cultural side of Balinese Hinduism. I joined the ritual, barely. Just mimicking the steps and movements of the people around and try to meditate and concentrate as much as I can.

Another boat trip to the adjacent island of Lembongan, or Nusa Lembongan. It's a smaller private chartered boat, compared to the speedboat we took from Sanur. The view was wonderful, the water between the islands are calm, mirror-like. This just soothes my eyes and head. besides the fact that I am having a vacation with her and her friends. the ride lasted for maybe fifteen minutes, and we arrived at the bridge that connect Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan. We walked from there, not knowing that the cottage we were about to spend the night in was on the other side of the island, quite a long walk. being all cheerful and adventurous, we just kept on walking until finally arrived to the place. freshen up a bit, and tried to catch the sunset.

After dinner, we all went to the beach. Talking, watching the stars, me and her stayed behind. It was awkward, all our body languages are giving positive signs, we just didn't make any subtle move. we talked and talked and looked at each others, and at the stars, counting meteorites (or shooting stars, if you want to called it that) while lying on the sands. Finally succumbing to the cold night wind, we went back to the cottages. After getting in to the room, we went out again and talk some more in the porch. I felt that nice warm feeling in your stomach and chest, and the feeling that you just want to keep talking and being with each other and stop the time altogether. And then we turn in.

Two Thousand Twelve, October, Twenty Fourth, After midnight. My place.
I'm just finishing drawing Acup earlier, halloween episode. I have been neglecting him for some time now. Today was a good day, I did some work, went to dinner with my family before they get back to the hometown in Jakarta, and getting high on monosodium glutamate, I got a fifteen minutes nap. after that, I bought coffee and make a cup for myself. I got reminded about doing things that I should not have to be reminded about, but yeah I need to get myself up and do less procrastinating for the near future. Referring again to the post on thoughtcatalog.com, starting from myself is always the best thing I can do, before even doing anything with other people, not to mention her. Not to get anymore further on the topic, I am getting all pumped up on the idea that I can show my  potentials to other people and get more self-motivated and self esteem.

Just some random thoughts,
I think I have gone a full circle on alphabetical terms.
Back to A means, when I met you, it's time for me to start anew :)


No comments:

Post a Comment