Thursday, October 4, 2012

Friends, Giants & Hugs

"Because we are... your friends, You'll never be Alone Again, well come on... well come on..."
I can't seems to get bored of this song by Justice, for friends are what have kept me going all along.
And so, the story goes on.

Two Thousand Twelve, March, Twenty Second, afternoon, Puputan Square.
Picked up my brother, and we went to a friend's house near Kreneng Market in Denpasar. Today is the day before the Silent Day or Nyepi. Everywhere around Bali, people are gathering around for Ngrupuk parade of Ogoh-ogoh, Giant demon characters statues made out of styrofoam and paper mache. Symbolizing the evil being from the Sanskrit mythology (I think so). We dressed up with Balinese kamen, and were waiting for a couple of more friends to come before heading to the Square. She was coming too. This was the first time that I spent quite a long time with her. It's always nice to see her, I come to realize.
We started walking to Puputan Square, after 5 months, we finally got to know a little bit of each other. Still in some detached ways. The Square was packed with people, and the parade keeps going on and on. after a couple hours, the crowd subsided, so all of us went back. I had a nice time with her, but somehow, again I didn't do anything more about it. I guess there was something inside me that holds me back, or am I trying not to invade too much.

Two Thousand Twelve, October, Third, Midnight, Windy and chills after the rain.
After work, I went home and start scrubbing my bathroom, and the water suddenly became murky. No chance of taking a shower, so I let it run for awhile. I lit up an incense and start making coffee, my room is quite tidy, if I may say so myself. She came to my place, things are a little bit awkward..We talked about random stuffs, and ate some moon cake from last Sunday Full moon celebration. discussed her plan for out of town trip and how I couldn't sleep yesterday. And then, she took a nap.
She was getting ready to go home, and then we started to really talked. Talk became tears, tears became hugs, and hugs followed by frown, kisses and smiles. I wish things were better, but I won't complain. I told her that she is the best thing that has happened in my life, and how ever hard it is, I will try to find a way, without putting all the burden on her. I still don't really know what I'm talking about, yet I am getting better at holding myself up, and hopefully not giving her a hard time. Seeing the glow in her eyes, I just want her to stay happy, wherever that will take me.

The day ended up with a long hug and smile. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment