Monday, October 1, 2012

Serendipity?

Cold night, sounds of passing motorcycles,
and I am trying to remember a scene almost a year ago.
My memory does not always serve me right, but here goes.
This is a story of the most interesting person I have met in my life.
Not sure it's a happy or sad story,
so let me just go on.

Two Thousand Eleven, October, Seventh, Friday. early night, in front of one Coffeshop chains in Kuta.
I was waiting for a friend, giving her the camera she ordered a couple of days ago.
And this is the first time I met her, a friend of my friend. coincidentally, the camera was Mini Diana "Love is in the air" Edition
We only exchanged names, and glances, I ask for her name twice, just to be sure.
And then, the moment pass. *She has an interesting facial character, note to self.*

Two Thousand Twelve, October, First, Monday. Late night, in front of a minimarket in Denpasar.
I just chatted with her, things are not so great. I sort of got carried away and invade too much of her privacy. Not our first debate, but maybe this time I almost forced my ego to do reckless things.
I drove my motorcycles around town, making unnecessary stops and just trying to seeps in the air of the city, finding my cool, before I get back to my place and call it a day.

Two Thousand Eleven, October, Fourteenth, Friday. Early night, Serambi Arts Antida, Sanur.
My mind was not in its place, we met again, exchange greetings, I took a picture of her and her friends. I smiled a lot that day, although I know things will go downhill from that moment for me, a different issue, not the time and place. I was happy to meet her again, I like her smile. Yet nothing happened, and we are keeping our sides. Just enjoying the band, it was raining, but the band keeps playing and we stayed anyway. Cold yet enjoyable.

Two Thousand Twelve, October, Second, Tuesday. The clock just strike midnight, mosquito bites.
The warmth in my chest have subsided, and I am at ease. I want to write more,
yet it seems that my mind has gone elsewhere. Flashes of scenes just past me by.
The calming music out of my headphones is keeping me intact. I will continue the story tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment