Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bali Log date: 10.29.2011 - On appointments and promises

Let's see, how do I start this?

Appointments and Promises...

when you don't really know what to say, start with yourself 
(someone said that to me, or that is just what I think how i should write)

So, me as a person, make appointments only when I know I can attend it, and always tried to be on time.
But as we all know, some people are just not that punctual, or doesn't really bother to look at the time.
Waiting has been part of my life, not really bothered by it, but sometimes it could be a drag.
And not to mention the last minute cancellation (or as my friend Prima said "Last second cancellation").

So yeah, I tried my best to be punctual, and give people heads up when I'm running late (as it was how it's supposed to be when you make an appointment with another person or party). So, when the other person or party suddenly went out of reach and didn't give any notice, I tend to get frustrated or sometimes my imagination wandered aimlessly. Maybe I can even write a book about that alone already, a sort of thriller-fantasy on why people are running late. Haha...

Next on the topic, promises.
In my younger years, I made a lot of empty promises, to people, friends, lovers, family, and even to myself.
Now, I still do, but much more less frequent (Really nic, much more less? your words are contradicting each others). So, yeah... I learn to get all the variables (thanks to my full of calculation friends) and get more and more thoughful, before decided to say something that might alter other people life (or at least how they think about me).

This has its positive and negative side. The positive side is, I make less empty promises. I don't say things that I don't know I could fulfill or not. The negative side, well... people might think that I am too indecisive, that I don't know where I stand (which I really don't at the moment). So two sides of a coin. That's Life. I am still trying to get it balanced. The old easygoing-self against the new thoughtful-self is on a battle for life.

So, what do you think?

Do you value people's time when you make an appointment?

Do you have that much variables (thoughts) before making any promises?

Let's think about it while we still have time for ourselves...

But, not too serious, because life is just something for you to live through,
and "time you enjoy wasting is not wasted" - John Lennon














Cheers...
Niki




No comments:

Post a Comment