Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bali Log Date: 17.06.2012 - Lightning Crashes and a Roller Coaster Ride on a Sunday

Sunday Morning,
The First thing I saw was a friend meditating. Half asleep, I Sort of imagined that I saw it on the web or television. the meditating friend, with a pin on the top right corner, noting "Morning Meditation". That kind of crack me up a bit, and then I went back to sleep before I even manage a chuckle *fade to black* 


I woke up a few hours later, and receive a sad and shocking news. a colleague in my office had an accident last night. He was riding his motorcycle and got hit by a car, who then ran away. My colleague didn't survive the crash. And he was just barely living his life. This is a sad sunday indeed.


Moving on, I spent my afternoon with some friends from the capitol, coming to the island for a music event. we had a late lunch and coffee and tea, and talks about random stuffs. just sharing news and thoughts, and "mind enrichment" (this is what I always thought on having conversations). As the sun rolls toward the horizon, we part ways.


I then went to the morgue, my colleague was lying in the coffin, dressed up and looks really peaceful. I went to give my condolences to the family, and made a cross sign to honor him and pray for him. My mind wandered to how he was, and how he was not anymore. I got the hear the story from his relative, about how he always cared about his family, and never has been a nuisance. He was a good person. I also got the story about how the accident happened. He was hit by a car, thrown from his bike, and hit a parked car. This is unfortunate. I don't do sorrowness, and I suck at soothing sad people, so I just tried to induce acceptance instead.


I went back to meet my friend before she went back to Jakarta, we had dinner, we share some stuffs, giving heads up and encouragement on each others, sarcasm on other related subject :). And then, by a phone call, I was transferred to a bookstore. Unlike yesterday, today I knew what i'm looking for. Well, a few of it :p. I met the first one, and search for the others. Black cardboard paper (i might have to look this up again for the right terms), double-sided tape, a board cutter, and an aluminium ruler. 


This is when I stopped writing, because now I'm thinking what should I write next.
I went to sit and chat with a friend of mine, about how my mind won't stop pestering me, and playing games on me. I ordered a chocolate milkshake, and a wrong type of finger food. Not a really good choice for a night snack, choco cheese fried banana *note to self* (the banana isn't ripe, taste sandy). And moving on, this same friend is now telling me that I have to write everything down on this log, which i might or might not do :p. 


It's getting late, so we walked back to our vehicles, i reffed my bike engine and went home, stopping to find a lightbulb for my room, the last one went into a 'disco state', gets dimmer and kept blinking. Found the bulb, installed it, and now my room has warm yellow light. Yeay...


just one more thing to do. Sort them photos.
So, I'm off...


Niki, Denpasar, 17 June 2012 - still looking for the right spot to put my feet on.



No comments:

Post a Comment