Saturday, February 23, 2013

Analogue-digital photo hack: cheap way to digitalize your processed films.

This might be already been thought about by other people, but i will try to share what i found out today.

So, looking at my pile of film negatives, and not having a film scanner at hand, i decided to try and take pictures of them using my camera phone. Under a fair light, i took a picture of it, resulting a negative picture. Then i figure, how about i use my camera apps to invert it from negative to positive (color photos). So, i used 'vignette' apps, took a picture and set the filter to negative. You can see the results below. I posted both color and black and white pictures.
It does not produce a focused pictures, thanks to the limit of my camera phone. But you might have a better camera on your phone, and with proper light, voila! Instant film scanning :)

Just the right choice if you are, like me, can't wait to get your pictures uploaded and shared to the rest of the world.

I will post some more ideas in the future, i hope :)

Cheers,
Niki

All pictures are my collection and the for for yours to enjoy. Make your own and let's create more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment