Monday, July 2, 2012

Saturday Sunset

This is the time when I defy everything and write to my heart content. You have to be structured, they said. Write the facts, and keep it objective. But my soul is flipped, and all I want to do is put all the words in my head into this electronic web log.
This is the day when I go out of the norm and decided to stay out of things that is my burden to bear, and feel as alive as I can be. And boy do I feel. The sun is setting fast and night came. Along with it came passion. Things are moving fast and slow, the conversation was going nowhere and we were clinging to each other. There is nothing in the future, nor the past. There is only now. And the 'now' felt so good. Then, time starts ticking again. Reality bites, sun burns, water spraying, the smell of coffee doesn't help, the wind is cold, words came out.
And I just sat there, lingering in the sands of time, feeling it flows between my fingers, unable to grasp, unwilling to follow, standing against the wind with only a thin piece of garment. Succumbing into the hopelessness, and smiling at the great big wave of change. I'm drunk, addicted, captivated, light-headed, yet sober. Suffocating on all the air around me.

Then there is the light of dawn.
And I'm blessed, though I don't know how.

Niki, Denpasar 1 Juli 2012 - just being mellow

No comments:

Post a Comment